Treating myself again!

The other day I wrote about my monthly massage which is one of my treats. Well I am not sure if this is a treat but I have just taken delivery of my Christmas present I have treated my self to a SAD light. I didn't go overboard I got one from Maplins and it only cost £45 just in case it doesn't work then I wont feel so hard done to. I will now see if it will help with the low feeling I got because of the COPD and as they say nothing ventured nothing gained. Has anyone else tried one?

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I haven't tried one but I will be very interested to hear how you get on with it. Good luck. x

• What is a SAD light?? I am intrigued!! Please enlighten me,xx

• Wendells it is a light that mimics - sort of - daylight and is supposed to lift people who suffer from winter blues. This link will explain it better

sad.org.uk/

• I have one and it is fantastic. I've had it about 2 years now and an hour in the morning and perhaps another at night really helps. I don't use it on sunny winter days, but I do on dark, damp days.

Mine is a phillips. The one piece of advice I would give (as I was when I had mine) is to buy one with the highest LUX rating you can afford.

Lynne xx

• My husband has a SAD light and if he doesn't use it every day he gets depressed. Personally I find the light from it gives me a headache!

Good luck with it and Happy Christmas.

Judith

• Thanks for the explanation! Dont think i''ll need it here, in sunny hot Qld. lol.

Sounds a good idea though, in colder climates.

• We have ours on every day in the winter from when we get up till about mid-day, we bought it when my husband was having panic attacks and touch wood it seems to help.

Hope you find it of benefit.

polly xx

• I've been wondering about one of these for a long time, I'm sure I suffer from SAD syndrome and have done for years. Was thinking about Vit D but think you need to know what your doing and probably with everyone else take a large enough amount of drugs anyway. Will be very interested to know how you get on, many thanks ! Xx Kate

You may also like...