Wobbly legs

I am getting what I can only describe as wobbly legs, they feel like they are going to give way on me although they have not. I am o.k. when I first get up in the morning then after about an hour I feel so tired and get these wobbly legs.

I thought it might be the medication I take lanzaprazole, thyroxine and azithromycin as well as my inhalers. Does anyone else experience this?

polly xx

7 Replies

• I have funny legs too! When Im tired I feel like I have no strength at all in them and that I`m stood on matchsticks holding the rest of my body up, sounds funny but that`s how I would describe it, lol.

• Think it meds .. I to get bit wobbly might be C02 retaining that can cause muscals to do funky stuff Just have to be positve its better than having wobbly head .

Cheers all the best :)

• Thyroxine can cause muscle weakness and I know some inhalers can cause shakiness. I would check with your doctor to be sure. x

• For years, I have had leg problems and have lots of tests etc. I find it hard walking and need aids. They are swollen and feel tired all the time. I should keep them raised on a stool but need to use my laptop (smiley) but I am old.

• Just a hunch here. Try some daily squats, not deep. Your thighs may be suffering from atrophy a bit. Arms straight out. Increase the number a bit, daily.

• have you done Pulmonary Rehab ? try leg strengthening exercises ... copders often have muscle weakness. also shakiness can be side effect of steroids i think.

• I've been troubled with weak muscles for a couple of yrs now, legs and arms. It started when I was put on prednisolone for Polymyalgia. I'd been going to keep fit classes at the gym 3 times a week prior to that but it was getting harder and I stopped when I couldn't get up after a floor exercise. Friends all said they had the same problem so I thought it must be 'old age' but unfortunately it turned out to be a bit more than that as I've been diagnosed with IBM, a progressive muscle wasting disease related to Muscular Dystrophy for which there's no cure and no effective treatment. Luckily it progresses slowly so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm having a bit of a year come to think of it. Diagnosed with Bronchiectasis just a few month ago and now this to add to my collection, sure I'm a medical experiment. Lol

You may also like...