Fed up beautiful weather and I am suffering

:( I am waiting for a delivery of some stronger anti histamine from the doctor. I woke up this morning feeling as if some elephants had had a party on my head and something had danced on on my chest. BUT no wheezing at all. I was feeling rather strange and I couldn't open my eyes without screwing them up. I called the doc and as she wasn't starting surgery until a bit later today she called in on the way and believe it or not my chest was as clear as a bell so the conclusion was I must have had an allergic reaction to something so a quick jab and a new prescription which she was leaving at the chemist and fingers crossed all will be well soon :)

Anyway this cheered me up so after reading my tale of woe here is something to make you laugh as I usually do

New dictionary definitions

These are so apt they should be in a dictionary.

ADULT:

A person who has stopped growing at both ends and is now growing in the middle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEAUTY PARLOR:

A place where women curl up and dye.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CANNIBAL:

Someone who is fed up with people.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHICKENS:

The only animals you eat before they are born and after they are dead.

COMMITTEE:

A body that keeps minutes and wastes hours.

DUST:

Mud with the juice squeezed out.

EGOTIST:

Someone who is usually me-deep in conversation.

HANDKERCHIEF:

Cold Storage.

INFLATION:

Cutting money in half without damaging the paper.

MOSQUITO:

An insect that makes you like flies better.

RAISIN:

Grape with sunburn.

SECRET:

Something you tell to one person at a time.

----------------------------------------------------------------

SKELETON:

A bunch of bones with the person scraped off.

TOOTHACHE:

The pain that drives you to extraction.

TOMORROW:

One of the greatest labour saving devices of today.

YAWN:

An honest opinion openly expressed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

and MY Favorite!!

=========================

WRINKLES:

Something other people have, similar to my character lines.

Janet

xxx

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sorry to hear your suffering. That was very good of your doctor to come out before surgery. Hope you start to feel better soon.xxx

• I enjoyed reading, that, jandan. Certainly a beautiful sunny day but not without hazards with pollen and whatever. Hope things are better now. I taken antihistamine all the year around because of Betsy the cat, and the dander she gives off.

• I already take an antihistamine daily because of the cats too. This is why the doc thinks it was an allergic reaction to something new and gave me the jab I suppose i will just have to see what happens next :(

• Hope you feel better soon, could be your body saying relaxxx. Love the egotist

Take care

Tina x

• Hopefully you will soon be sorted Janet. Good jokes too.

Lynne xx

• Sorry to hear you are not well hope you feel better soon loved the jokes

• hope you're OK soon, you havn't lost your sense of humour, good ones Janet and a good GP!

Lib x

• Like your funnies

Richard

• Hope you are feeling better today Janet,and I loved the jokes! :) xxx

• How are you today Janet?

Lynne xx

• Hope to-day is a better one for you, love the jokes :) :) :)

• Thank you one and all. I woke this morning with just the usual sniffles so now I have to think back to what I did/ate on Wednesday to see what was different and add it to the list of things I am not allowed ;) If only I could stick to the list :D

You may also like...