Has anyone had to inform their insurance company about a heart attack and stents? I've read in places that you must tell them but have been told by others to check your policy because many don't need to know. I've gone through mine with a fine tooth comb and nowhere is a medical condition listed as a change you must inform them about. It says "What changes do I need to tell you about?
You must tell us if any of the following details change before you need
cover to start:
• you change your car;
• you modify your car (please see general condition 8 for further details);
• you add another driver to your policy or amend the driving restriction;
• you change the use of your car (e.g. change from social domestic and
pleasure to business use);
• you wish to increase your cover (e.g. change from third party only to
You must tell us as soon as possible if any of the following details
• the address where you normally keep your car;
• if you, or anyone covered by this policy change jobs, including part time;
• if you, or anyone covered by this policy passes their UK driving test.
Any change during the period of insurance may result in an additional or