British Heart Foundation

Quick question

I had my Angiogram on Monday 8th January, referred to James Cook Hospital for a CABG and I have just received an appointment to see the Consultant Cardiologist who do my Angiogram for mid April for what purpose I have no idea.

Anyone able to shed any possible light on why I have received this appointment and I have not even received my appointment for a pre-assessment. Probably just pre-scheduling.

Thanks

11 Replies
oldestnewest

I also had this just a progress appointment to see how your doing .. I got the pre op assessment appointment and was surgery bound a week later ... youll get appointments for cardiac rehab aswell which is worthwhile as there always someone on hand with reassurance.

Thanks Allyboy

It’s probably a pre op appointment

Hi Cube,

I had a CABG at James Cook on Nov 6th. When they recommended a CABG, have you confirmed with the consultant that you wanted to go ahead with it? If so, I should imagine its a pre assesment appointment. When I had mine, a week later I was in having the op. My surgeon at cook was a chap called Ralph White. He was exellent.

You will be fine. The fitter you are before the op the quicker the recovery.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Nick

1 like

The appointment is for Cardiologist that did my Angio in Darlington.

1 like

I have heard nothing but great things about James Cook.

1 like

Yes, they were excellent. You are in safe hands there!

1 like

Mr white did my cabg three years ago .James cook has a great heart team just make sure you accept all the rehabilitation .the rehab team I was under from thornaby were brilliant even when I had a few set backs.

Another positive post is just the tonic.

Just found out that I will be meeting Ralph White next month for my first appointment.

You will probably only see him once untill you go in for your op I remember him coming into the ward before my op quite late in the evening the day before

You may also like...