I have so many questions about open heart surgery can anyone answer some of them ? (Some more personal than others)
1. How does a catheter work?
2. How many days did you spend in hospital?
3. What happens if i'm on my period when i have my surgery if i cant get up to change my pad?
4. How did you beat bordem in hospital?
5. How did you sleep in hospital?
6. Can someone push me around in a wheel chair if i get bored?
7. Do the tubes in your neck / arms hurt?
8. Do the machines beep all night?
9. Should i write letters to my friends and family just in case everything goes wrong?
10. How many visitors are you normally allowed?
11. Can i ask to be in the childrens ward if i'm 18?
12. What things should i wear? / bring with me to hospital?
13. How many people are allowed in the anestesia room with you?
14. How long do you need to fast for before hand?
15. Should i complete my one year uni course first or have my op first. ( if i leave it the uni course costs 3000 pounds whereas if i have it before my op it will be free
Thankyou in advance for your on going support