Does very windy weather affect anyone elses' symptoms?

On Thursday it was extremely windy in Yorkshire. I couldn't keep my balance and didn't go out of the house all day (after the school run) It made me feel very dizzy, off-balance and tired, more than normal! I am only just starting to feel my normal ataxic self- had to leave work early on Friday & spent most of yesterday laid down. Has anyone else suffered these problems because of the weather or am I more strange than I thought?!

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi jonbon the cold seems to afect me when I am out in the cold I seem to turn into what I can only discribe as a 'tin soldier' all my movements seem to be stiff does anyone els have this problem

• Hi Johnpa

I am exactly the same and must look a sight down the street but hopefully it will start getting warmer now. I managed to get the old barbie out on Saturday! But I never used to be like this in fact quite the opposite .

• The wind in Yorkshire on wednesday and thursday caused me to remain indoors as any really windy day makes staying upright an impossibility, it seems to be one step forward 4 to the side and 4 back, it is horrific .

• Strong winds do affect my balance but there are no after-effects. I live in Jerusalem where high winds are frequent. I try to see walking through them as another exercise. I am not always successful. N

• It looks nice outside so I stagger out to the garden and get blown over,walkersand all.

The wind was very strong and I could even feel buffeting on my heavy road scooter.

• The weather has a similar effect on me, and when it's very cold, it seems to have an effect on

my eyesight.

• Yes, the wind effects my balance, as it's horrendous anyway. I use a cane, but still have problems staying "upright". Also, cold temps make me more "stiff" then I already am, and if it's too hot and humid, my body doesn't like that either. I don't feel stiff, just ill. Ataxia is not my idea of a good time. that's for sure...,ha! ;o)

• cold weather def makes me much stiffer - tin soldier effect just like johnpa.

• I do feel unsteady when the wind blows, luckily I hang onto my husband otherwise I would'nt venture out. Cold definately gives me the 'tin soldier' effect haha like johnpa, oh well we all make the best of things.

Don't get blown away ha

Berejena

• I feel stiffer in the cold and my TV reception is worse. Winter weather isn't good.

You may also like...