Hi, I am so ashamed to post this but tonight just after using her blue aero chamber with anl mouthpiece my daughter showed me that it had black mould in it. She said that it's been there for weeks. She is only six and I am mortified. She's had this type of aero chamber for a few months now, but I have just realised that I haven't washed it yet. I'm livid with myself, I used to wash the yellow one with a mask every fortnight, so why haven't I done it with this one that actually goes in her mouth?
Her asthma is bad at the moment, but I put it down to a cold. Obviously we've binned it, not even washing it. Should we take her to the doctor? Have I put her in danger? Could the mould spores be on her chest now?
I am sick with worry and mortified by how neglectful I've been.
Please don't be nasty to me, I am devastated anyway.