Gin Soaked Raisins For Arthritis

I just read about this the other day and who knows?  Some people swear it helps to relieve arthritis pain and other chronic inflammations.

Ingredients: dark raisins, good gin (flavored with actual juniper berries)

Empty raisins in a bowl and pour in just enough gin to cover raisins.  Allow gin to evaporate (about a week) and then place the moist raisins in a jar with a lid.  Eat 9 raisins a day.  Also good on cereal.  Probably not wise for alcoholics anonymous.  Seriously though, I read some reviews and it DID seem to make a difference for quite a few people.

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Who cares if it works or not, bring it on! Ha ha

• I AM going to try it - will keep people updated but may just leave out the raisins...

• Haha! I don't know about arthritis, but if I remember that Roald Dahl story right, you should be able to catch some pheasants! 😜

• I remember that story - using raisins to lure the pheasants out!  Good idea for a yummy feast.  Pheasant under glass is now on my menu!

• Until I read where you let the gin evaporate, I was going to say enough of that and you probably wouldn't be feeling any pain and wouldn't care anyway lol!

You may also like...