What do you think we should include in my care plan for birth of baby #2?
These are our thoughts so far:
- Key contact details: GP, Midwife, Perinatal Psychiatrist, Hospital, Labour Ward, Obstetrician, Crisis Team, Postnatal Doula, Me, My Husband, My Mother, MBU, Health Visitor, Maternity Mates
- Expected due date, Risk of PP and early warning signs, what action to take if I become unwell
- Health and Medication details, plan to not breastfeed
- Planned location for birth and who will provide support after birth
- Who will look after our son and dog when in labour
- Key resources and other contact details e.g. apps to book babysitter, local Children’s Centre, APP Peer Support, friends contact details
- Arrangements if I go to MBU (reminders for my husband), dog to stay with in-laws, financial arrangements (HMRC, mortgage provider), my wishes (e.g. daily visit, healthy food, massage, mattress topper)
- Plans for our son: First day of school, school contact details, reminder about first optician appointment etc
- Contact Details for Private Medical Insurances, Health Cash Plans, Chiropractor and Reflexologist
We’ll keep Power of Attorney Docs, Private Medical Insurance Cover and Health Cash Plan Allowance Details, Employee Leave Policies, Employee Benefits (Sharesave), Line Manager Contact Details and Occupational Health Contact Details in a dedicated folder at home (reference the contents and location of this folder in the care plan).