Alopecia Areata

You may already be aware of the details/publicity in the link below, but just in case I thought I'd post.

I am also a member of Thyroiduk.org but today I was listening to the Radio this morning LBC and it was about a 'cure' for Alopecia.

Apparently they say there is a 'cure' so I'll give the link below and members can summarise what they think of it.

I have had steroid injections in the past but Alopecia Areata returned again.

If you cursor down to the arrow to listen to the video by the Researchers.

dailymail.co.uk/health/arti...

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • so shaws ifthese people have taken it why cant anyone else, why the need to test it first these peeps have got hair backand I want some butitdoenst say where we can get it or what it is?

• I think because it was a Research Team that found this helpful for many. It does take a long time for the mainstream to go along with 'new'' info as there hasn't probably been enough done to see what/if side effects etc could be.

However these are pictures of Dr Angela Christiano who herself had Alopecia. Look at her head of hair now. :)

google.com/search?q=photo+o...

hairlosscure2020.com/huge-d...

• yes saw it so she takes it how cani contact the research team..

• I think on the link I gave it mentioned facebook.

• not on facebook shaws, but I have emailed her, check your home email, if you can get the face book one up can youlet me have it please.

• there are a lot of angela but not her

• You're right it was 'other Angela's. In the meantime this might be worthwhile reading. You could contact her at her lab I should think. I am looking to see if is topical rather than swallowing.

nytimes.com/2010/12/28/scie...