Gluten Free

Hi guys, just wondering if any of you who suffer with Fibromyalgia and CFS have ever tried going onto a strict gluten free diet?

I am currently on a gluten, wheat and dairy free diet for two weeks to see if I have any improvement in my symptoms and oh my God!!! I cannot believe the difference in my body! I actually have energy!! I have little or no aches and pains!! I want to get up in a morning!!! Its so sureal I can actually see a future for me which, believe me, has looked very glum the past few months. I'm wanting everyone's opinions and experiences please guys as it's obviously doing something to my body I just hope it lasts.

Thank you xx

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I have been recently diagnosed with fibro, however I have struggled with leaky gut (caused by candida)most of my adult life. As symptoms (pain and foggy brain) is similar to fibro, I have conducted some research online and I am about 95% convinced that candida overgrowth is reason for fibro, as well as for some other health issues I have. I am just about to start another gluten free diet as well as strict candida diet - just need to summon some courage as withdrawal symptoms get really bad - tried it before.

You have just given me enough motivation to continue with my plan, thank you. Wish you success with your gluten free -pain free- plan 😊

• Hi Majaz and Staycee,

I 100% agree with you both!

I've been researching similar things and recognise the symptoms of candida, leaky gut, hypothyroidism, Vit B12 deficiency all of which I'm making plans to address.