Ablation countdown : Just thought I’d reach... - AF Association

AF Association

20,721 members25,415 posts

Ablation countdown

Equish
Equish

Just thought I’d reach out and tell you my ablation date is next Thursday 5 th nov. Hope there is no fireworks for me though🤗I’m quite anxious. Not particularly about the procedure but a fear of going into fast AF post ablation. I’m going to read up on all the information for pre and post ablation expectations. I will post after the event because others posts on this topic has really helped me so much. Hopefully I can be of help too.

27 Replies
oldestnewest

Best of luck for next Thursday, Equish ! It’ll be over before you know it ! I find this forum really helpful, too ! We all support each other 👍🏻😊

Equish
Equish in reply to bookartfan

It’s a great site and thank you

Good luck for next Thursday 👍 .

Best wishes

Shirley x

Equish
Equish in reply to Ochg

Thank you Shirley x

Best wishes for next Thursday. Will be waiting to hear how it all went.

Equish
Equish in reply to jeanjeannie50

Thank you Jeannie x

Yes this site prepares you well. I was as nervous as hell yesterday and still feel nervous at home, hoping nothing goes wrong but you gotta go for it!

The best of luck. See you after! ❤️❤️

Mariajoy
Mariajoy in reply to LordGabriel

Do let us know how it goes and all the very best for next Thursday x

Equish
Equish in reply to Mariajoy

Thank you Mariajoy will do x

Equish
Equish in reply to LordGabriel

Yes it’s the anxiety for me that is all consuming. But I’ve got a handle on it for now so onwards and upwards. Thank you x

Equish
Equish in reply to LordGabriel

Thank you x

Good luck 👌🏻

Equish
Equish in reply to Achant1

Thanks x

Good luck and best wishes. xxx

Equish
Equish in reply to Frances123

Thank you x

All the best and try not to stress yourself out with all that pre-reading

Equish
Equish in reply to Safc1983

😂I will. Thanks x

Good luck and let us know afterwards when you can !

Ooh er...I would be in a right two and eight by now...stay calm ! Xx

Equish
Equish in reply to wilsond

😄thanks Wilsond x

Hi Equish

Do you normally get fast AF? If not why are you worrying of going into fast AF after an ablation?

Equish
Equish in reply to KMRobbo

Hi kmrobbo I was really traumatised by my initial onset of AF. Ended up in Resus feeling as if I was going to die. AF rate 212 and to be honest I don’t think I’ve got over that. So I’m dreading going back into that situation. I have noted that others sometimes have episodes of af after the ablation so this is why I’m worried.

KMRobbo
KMRobbo in reply to Equish

I also always had high rate when I was in AFib . Resting HR was 130 to 195 during attacks. Max HR I saw was 243 but I was running when I saw that! Other than the high rate I never actually had any other symptoms , although in 2017 I was in high rate for 8 days which did wipe me out for a week or so, so I understand your aversion to it!

That was when I made my decision to have an ablation. I had 13 AFib attacks before I had a PVI Cryoablation Jan 29th 2018. I was able to stop all drugs on May 15 2018, which for me was the best bit!

I have not had any Afib since the ablation so unless your EP has specifically identified such an issue for you for a high HR I don't think you should worry about it. I am sure it is very highly unlikely you will come out of the ablation with a high HR, and in my experience worrying about such possibilities will only make things worse and certainly raises your HR in the meanwhile! So relax!

I was 57 when I had my ablation.

Obviously not medically trained, just my experiences.

Best wishes

Equish
Equish in reply to KMRobbo

Ahh thanks for that. It really helps me to hear others story. I’m culturing a very positive mindset right now and this is actually working for me. I will definitely work hard on the relax. So glad you have benefitted from your ablation. I am 63 and quite active with horses and animals. Take care x

Best wishes for next week, come back and tell us how it went for you.

Equish
Equish in reply to Cally53

Thanks Cally I will x

Good luck and best wishes : )

Equish
Equish in reply to Visitingcat

Thank you x

You may also like...