AF Association
16,465 members19,592 posts

Good news, post ablation check up six months on!!

Hi all, just to offer some hope for people out there. I had my review appointment today. I had a second ablation in August 2018. I had quite a few symptoms post ablation which took a good 3 months to fully settle. I did think at first the procedure had been unsuccessful because of this. The ablation was for exercise induced vt. A bit different from a lot of you on here with af but an arrhythmia nevertheless. I am taking my exercise much more steady now. No more racing for me now. I'm an ex runner now. I have left the fast runs behind and now enjoy power walks mixed in with some jogging! So keep positive everyone, ablation can work but sometimes requires a few lifestyle changes. I know I can't train like I used to or I risk the arrhythmia returning!

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done, especially the life style thing. Long may it continue.

Thanks Bob and good luck to you too as I recently read you were struggling a bit x

A good result and good thinking about the exercise thing too. You must be very happy.....

1 like

That's really good to hear. Also that you accept your limitations re exercising. A few people here will not accept this and think they can go back to extreme sports and wonder why they are in trouble again.

Best wishes

Sandra

2 likes

Super news, enjoy your calm heart.

1 like

Thanks for the sharing and the encouragement. Wishing you the very best in the future.

1 like

So well done in making what must have been a hard decision BUT lots of other things you are obviously enjoying!

1 like

You may also like...