SVT return : Hey everyone I was wondering if... - AF Association

AF Association
19,766 members24,154 posts

SVT return

Rdiehl01
Rdiehl01

Hey everyone I was wondering if someone can offer some guidance or some positive words. I had my pulmonary vein ablation for SVT and afib 2 and a half years ago. I haven’t had any SVT in the past year and a half. Today I popped SVT for 25 minutes and it resolved spontaneously. Is this ok or do y’all think I will need a repeat ablation? I would appreciate some guidance. I’m really feeling down and depressed. I thought I was cured. And I don’t take any meds besides aspirin daily.

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Try and forget about this episode. Multiply 2.5 x 365 x 24 x 60. That is how many minutes you have been free of rhythm problems. Then divide it by 25 the number of minutes you have had rhythm problems in the past 2 ½ years.

25 minutes is a tiny blip and whilst uncomfortable and worrying for those 25 minutes I think it most likely that it is an isolated incident.

There would be absolutely no justification for another ablation unless it suddenly becomes much more of a problem.

My last ablation was nearly a year ago and I had a 5 hour episode of AF in March otherwise I have only had Ectopics. I am looking at this situation in a positive light.

Just relax and get on with your life.

Pete

Rdiehl01
Rdiehl01
in reply to pottypete1

Hi Pete I was just wondering your age

pottypete1
pottypete1
in reply to Rdiehl01

I am 71.

Why do you ask?

I am still getting ectopics every day. It is never easy to accept nor is the very occasional short episode of AF, even after 27 years of heart rhythm issues.

I know it is best to try and remain positive but I totally understand how much easier it is said than done.

Pete

Rdiehl01
Rdiehl01
in reply to pottypete1

I am just curious to find out peoples ages . Thank you:)

At my post ablation visit my EP (one of the most highly regarded in the UK) said not to worry if in the future I had an occasional isolated episide of AF.

You may also like...