AF Association
15,359 members18,350 posts

HAIR LOSS!!

I was put on Eliquis in March & am now experiencing severe hair loss! I've cld my doc who doesn't know! Stress possible. No matter wht this HAS TO STOP! I thought I was safe fm hair loss wth this med!

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Can't be much help as I'm on warfarin. However I couldn't put up with severe hair loss....far too vain I'm afraid.....can you ask to change to a different drug ?

Sandra

I’ve thought my hair is thinner since starting Apixaban but haven’t had severe hair loss

1 like

I found my hair was getting brittle on warfarin and is better on apixaban, but we're all different. Try another NOAC.

I started on Apixaban over a year ago, and from the first week became distressed with the amount of hair I was losing. However, after about 6 months it became less and now I think the hair loss is back to a normal rate.

In the meantime, I coped by using a dry shampoo spray to thicken my hair.

1 like

Hi. I found that when I first started taking Eliquis. A pharmacist suggested I try a protein supplement called Hair Jelly. I took a 3 month course and found it really helped.

I have found something like this on amazon - red and white packaging cost about £29 is this the same thing as you had Pam?

Yes, that's the one!

thanks.

I have to say since staring Apixiban nearly two years ago I too have noticed a thinning of my hair although because I usually have a No two on my head the hair loss is not that obvious.

Been on apixaban for 4 years no hair loss

1 like

Hairloss can be a symptom of a lack of zinc.

You may also like...