AF Association
12,922 members15,756 posts

One year on

I have been so busy getting on with life in NSR that I have not had time to let you all know how I am a year after cryoablation (July 7th last to be precise). I have had a wonderful, normal, year no AF at all. It is difficult to remember just how bad it was in the dark days when the PAF was getting worse and worse. I am 70 years old now and walk several miles a day and eat sensibly, so am not overweight. I now drink alcohol sparingly and enjoy the occasional cup of coffee. I am off all heart related drugs except for Apixaban, which means that I am free of the tiredness and other symptoms induced by Flecainide and Bisoprolol. A big thank you to Prof. Schilling and his team.

Also, thanks to all on this forum, I don't think that I would have considered ablation without reading all of your experiences.

Regards to all,

Peter

9 Replies
oldestnewest

That's fabulous! It is the best feeling to be back in NSR and living your life fully. Well done! I hope it lasts forever for you!

1 like

I love good news. Well done.

Bob

1 like

Thanks for this success story. It's really pleasing to read.

1 like

Lots of good news stories today then!

As Rellim says - pleasing and good to hear from you.

What an absolute joy!

Fantastic

Peter, that's so good to hear (gives us all hope of being normal again). Finding this forum was certainly the best thing I ever did. Long may your good health continue.

Jean

Great news. Every day that passes in NSR is a bonus for anyone with AF. Long may it continue.

Fantastic news! So good to hear when things go right ...:)

You may also like...