3 weeks post AV node ablation

I was hoping I could post a very positive outcome but it's not happening yet. Pacemaker set at 60bpm lowest it's been down to 49 for a few minutes 1 week after ablation and I can feel my heart having its tantrums more often and pulse misses. On the positive side my pulse rate is not fast - hurrah!

Does anyone know if this is a healing process and things settle eventually like they do after pulmonary vein ablation? Thanks for any helpful advice to come.

Susan 🌹

4 Replies

• Sorry you are still suffering. Did the consultant give you some idea of how you would feel? I can't give any comfort I'm afraid as I haven't had this procedure but I'm sure someone on here will be able to offer some advice. I just wanted to say hang on in there and give it all a chance to settle down and I will be thinking of you. I will be interested to hear how you progress.x

• Hi Dedeottie

I was looking through the posts and can't find my reply to you. I did write one so don't know what I've done with it. Just wanted to thank you for your response and kind thoughts. Best Wishes

• Hi really interested to hear how you go on.after many years of differant meds and thrèe ablations i am going to go down the road of av node ablation i just want to be of all the meds that are not working anymore. I hope you feel the benefits soon. Kind regards

• Hi Chipper13

It is a serious decision to make yes. I couldn't tolerate rhythm control drugs and was only able to cope with 5mgs of

Bisoprolol which has been reduced to 2.5mg. I think perhaps this will be reduced again or base heart rate increased a little. Just guessing though. I will post updates. Best Wishes

You may also like...