Further to my post about a month ago I now have date for my pacemaker fitting. I go for my pre-op assessment on 9th July and the pacemaker fitment on 14th July.
I mentioned in my last post that I was going to see my EP to discuss which one to go for. Either the pacing only or the one with ICD. Following that consultation I am definitely going for the CRT/ICD. He recommended it since it would give me and more importantly my family, piece of mind. At least we would no longer be constantly thinking "what if"
The only down-side, at present, is not being allowed to drive for a month after fitting. Will also report back on the stories about key-less entry/ignition cars affecting pacemakers, since my car has that. My wife also read on-line that I should not use a chainsaw afterwards. Ah well, will just need to get busy the next couple of weeks getting the logs cut for the winter.
Can't wait to see what the improvement is like.
Watch this space.