Having met some resistance from my GP re my request for repeat visit to Cardiology "ablation not without risk you know" I went back after taking myself off Adizem (bad reaction) to have another go at him. I was surprised that a much younger GP was taking his surgery; he seemed to be much more clued up on AF in general. He agreed that I did not require rate control since my resting heart rate was less than 100 (actually between 70 and 80 bpm) and that I was right to stop taking the drug. Furthermore he is going to refer me back to Cardiology with a request to see an EP with a view to subsequent ablation. So things are on the up! Drugs now down to two, Warfarin and Losarten. Fasting regime a la Michael Moseley has reduced my weight about 17lbs (over a couple of years and still dropping) but just about all the health factors in four separate blood tests have improved substantially. Blood sugar down from 8.4 doddahs per wotsis to 4 (bang in the middle of normal range, cholesterol HDL up LDL down (if that matters I'm a bit of a sceptic here, google cholesterol myth), mild renal failure gone, I'm now within normal range. So I just have to wait now to return to Cardiology.