I had been 3 weeks without an event until yesterday morning after they had added bisoprolol to my amiodarone tablets. 5.30am I was woken up by a heart rate of 46 and feeling very wobbly, followed 15 minutes later by a heart rate of over 140 which is still maintaining now.
Conveniently I had my 3 month (but nearly 4) post ablation check up today. ECG was done - kept being asked if I was OK - went to see one of my EP's team who immediately asked how I was feeling at that very moment. The way they had both asked made me think I was not getting out of there today! Told them both I was feeling hot, clammy, heart rate fast and headachy.
I was then told that the EP, the doctor who was seeing me and the arrhythmia nurse I had been speaking to ever since the ablation had had a quick conference about me and they were concerned.
It appears that I am suffering from Atrial Fibrillation, Atrial Tachycardia AND Atrial Flutter!!!
They prescribed a double dose of the amiodarone and to stay on the bisoprolol.
They also requested that I keep a record of my heart rate for the next week and then email it to the arrhythmia nurse. They will then decide how soon they will do the second ablation. My EP had said that I cannot stay at a heart rate of 140+ indefinitely.
I also need to get my thyroid function checked again.
I had been hoping to come off the amiodarone........ ah well maybe next time!