A GREMLIN IN THE ENGINE ROOM

HI EVERY ONE I RECEIVE THE MAGAZINE 'HEART MATTERS ,REALLY DO HAVE TO SHARE THIS WITH YOU ALL .

A GREMLIN IN THE ENGINE ROOM .

THERE'S A GREMLIN IN THE ENGINE ROOM,SILENT AND UNSEEN.

MEDDLING WITH THE MECHANISM OF THIS MARVELLOUS MACHINE

HE'S JIGGLING WITH THE JOY STICK.,SPEEDING UP AND SLOWING DOWN.

LIKE A ROLLER COASTER JOKER OR A CALCULATING CLOWN .

I'M SETTING TRAPS TO CATCH HIM , THEY'RE SMALL AND ROUND AND WHITE .

I FEEL THE BATTLE RAGING WHILE I LIE AWAKE AT NIGHT,

HIS MISSION IS ALL MISCHIEF ,WHILE MY MISSION IS TO SNARE ,

I KNOW HE'D LIKE TO BREAK MY HEART BUT HE IS UNAWARE ,

THAT SOON THERE WILL BE NOWHERE HE CAN RUN AND HE CAN HIDE ,

IMMOBILISED HEARTBROKEN, WITH HIS SCHEMING CAST ASIDE.

WITH THE MECHANISM STEADIED,THE FEAR WILL FADE AWAY,

A TRIUMPH FOR THE SCIENCE GIFTING ME ANOTHER DAY ,

THIS WAS ENTERED IN A COMPETITION IN THE HEART MAGAZINE BY VIVIEN RICHARDSON ..

I GO IN FOR MY FIRST CARDIO VERSION ON SATURDAY AND GOT GREAT COMFORT FROM THIS POEM .GOD BLESS YOU ALL .POPPEYSTOREY

15 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That's lovely Poppy. God Luck with you DCCV.

BobD

• Hi Poppy - Very good and so true. Good luck for Saturday.

Jean

• Wishing you good luck, Poppy! Stay calm and be well, friend.

• Good Luck, Poppy. Hope all goes well.

• Hope all goes well. Good poem.

• Thank you all for your replies ,stay well love poppey storey

• Good Luck with your DCCV -- believe me , it is such a relief when it is over & you are hopefully back in NSR. ( I speak as a veteran of 10 cardioversions over 20 years )

Sandra

• Hl - Poppy I too have read that in Heart Matters, its so true,I wish you well, and look forward to your posts latetr. Sann xx

• Hope all goes well When I had mine I always had toast and tea waiting for me :) Not sure why?

• Thank you all went well and today Thursday is the best i have felt since march hallelujah.Do pray any of you waiting for cardio version it is as straight forward as mine has been. love poppystorey

• So pleased to hear that your cardioversion went well and it's great that you're feeling so well now. Long may it continue.

Jean

• Thank you its just great not waking up and thinking 'oh another day ' feeling good and a little more enthusiastic,Do like the picture .that's the next thing on my agenda siesta under a palm tree ,do take care poppeystorey

• Good morning every one heres hoping you have a good day ,every day a new day ,when i see the news i just thank God for were we live and all that we have ,there are hiccups along the way ,but we get there in the end .God Bless You All . poppystorey

• Delighted to hear you are making progress and that you enjoyed my poem xxx

• Good morning Poppy, lovely to hear that you are still feeling well. Enjoy that wonderful feeling of calm and keep counting those blessings. A siesta under a palm tree sounds much more romantic yet another enforced midday sleep because you feel totally knackered!!

You may also like...