At diagnosis my Dad's PSA was 488. After first chemo treatment and ADT it dropped to 6 and after the second chemo infusion is now at 1.2.
I am happy he has responded so well to treatment as the cancer had metastasized to multiple bones and lymphnodes at the time of my Dad's diagnosis.
Now on to the tough part-monitoring. The oncologist said they are going to complete the 6 rounds of chemo and then have him stay on ADT indefinitely.
My concern is of course, a rise in PSA indicating return of cancer as well as becoming castrate resistant. When is it appropriate to take "holidays" from ADT?
Also, I'm trying to figure out next steps...do we sit and wait until PSA rises again? Try and live life as normally as possible without the sneaky cancer looming over our heads. Any advice is appreciated.
As always, thank you guys in advanced. I'm thankful for you all as a wealth of knowledge and encouragement.
Also added a special picture of my Dad and his second grandchild. He has 3 total, soon to be 4 as I am due in March 😊