Advanced Prostate Cancer
7,395 members7,514 posts

Looking for information on Intraductal PC

I have been told that my Prostate Cancer contains Intraductal cells. I’m wondering if anyone has information on this. How different is is to normal. I know it’s generally associated with aggressive cancer that has a high rate of re-occurrence but am wondering if there are any specific differences like how it spreads or responds to treatment etc. And is this different to ductal?. My PSA post operation at six months is starting to creep up now 0.05 up from 0.035. While my PSA pre-operation was 4.04. It had increased from 3 the previous year but I’m told should have been higher given the cancer was locally advanced. Seeing the consultant tomorrow.

12 Replies
oldestnewest

I was diagnosed with intraductal prostate cancer. It's been a pretty steady battle. Highly aggressive. Although it responds to treatment the remissions have been short lived.

Has the treatment plan been the same ? Does the PSA test reliably show when you come to the end of a remission as it’s the main way they monitor PC her in Ireland or do you have scans of some type on a regular basis? I will read all your posts when I get home.

Doc doesn't rely on PSA anymore at this point. They do a routine CAT and bone scan every 6 months to monitor cancer activity. If lesions look like they are changing growing or if new ones sprout up they change treatment

1 like

Thanks, I thought as much but the consultant had the view the last time I met him that as my PSA had gone up initially we would know when it increased again. He didn’t rule out scans though. I will push it with him tomorrow. I read your posts again and you have really been through a very rough time. The level of strength and fight you have is amazing and I will try to follow your example. I hope things are a bit better for you at the moment.

Thank you. 😊❤

1 like

All Ductals is a war, using all our tools--the first month after Surgery 3 years ago--the first thing I did was get Gene Mapped--to see if future treatments would be effective if needed. And here it is 3 years later, and we now have over 3,000 and just last year the addition, of 1700 new immunity drugs in the pipeline world wide. Untold--there is a race going on. The reward for wins, are worth billions. I am hopeful, we have some wins soon.

I only see my MO who heads research and clinical trials as to Prostate cancer--only once every 4 months. I am excited to see him in 3 weeks--as he always updates me on those treatments/trials that are showing great responses. He never identifies the agents--but will say PARP, Checkpoint, Combo's etc. His father has Ductal Pca, and is treated by the Son, my doctor--he himself has the same Gene Mutations, passed thru his father. But has not developed Pca yet. So I feel that I am in the right place--if my cancer wakes up.

Once you get you PSA down to undetectable levels---you cannot rely on scans as being predictive. If Pathology was all Ductal--when it comes back it many times can come back as NEPca. I have a mix, of Adenocarcinoma and Ductal---so some of mine can be PSA predictive--but scans are needed. Going to ask for another scan for December.

IMO--there are some great things in the pipeline--the new approaches for which the Nobel Prize in Medicine awarded about 6 weeks ago, is showing an interesting approach--not just Pca, but all cancers.

Nalakrats

2 likes

Why is my Oncologist telling me that chemo is the only thing I have left after the lynparza fails? She doesn't talk about anything new. She never talks about what's been discovered and she refuses to utilize anymore ADT therapy other than Lupron because she says that they wont help me. I tried to get her to prescribe Dostinex to cause lactin deprivation based on this from the ncbi ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl... and she refused and the drug is FDA approved. Even if it's off label who cares I'm going to die anyway and what could it hurt? What could be worse than the side effects from chemo. This is why I dont trust the medical industry.

It is always good to have an Integrative/Alternative Medical Doctor. I have one as my GP. If I was in your shies wanting to use the drug you are being denied--I would get it without argument especially with document support. These docs. go off label all the time, to help their patients.

Now over the last 30 years I have Doctors that belong to the following---you may find one in your area that can act on your behalf---> it is ACAM--American College for Advancement in Medicine---they can give you a referral--they are in Laguna Hills Ca.

Tel# 949 309 3520--Most Naturopaths with fully Licensed MD degrees are registered.

I do not know if this would help. Worth a shot----www.acamnet.org--email

Nalakrats

1 like

Thx Nalakrats

You are indeed a super mensch.

Good Luck, Good Health and Good Humor.

j-o-h-n Thursday 11/15/2018 7:49 PM EST

Are there any trials that you would qualify for?

This guy found one that worked for him.

cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton...

1 like

Not currently no

You may also like...