- G9 PCa with recent biochemical recurrence after 2016 RP and adjuvant radiation and ADT therapy. Two years undetectable, then 0.4 in September and 0.8 in October.
- Met with Dr. Mario Eisenberger on 10/10/18 at Johns Hopkins. His recommendation was to check my PSA level in 3 months to determine PSADT (the 0.8 result was subsequent to that visit). He also did not recommend starting ADT until the PSA reaches 10.
- Met with local MO yesterday and we discussed doing an Axumin scan "soon" and the likelihood of starting treatment (possibly ADT & Zytiga) in January...well before hitting the arbitrary 10 that JH referenced. We also decided to send some tissue off to Foundation One for testing.
- Is it worth doing the Axumin scan now or should I wait until my PSA rises and increases the odds of finding imagable mets?
- From the limited sample size my PSA has doubled in 6 weeks, which is obviously bad news. Can you get an accurate PSADT from just a few data points, and with relatively low values? If so, I'm more inclined to follow the local MO's recommendation to start treatment earlier than the JH recommendation.