Sorry, if my posts are somewhat repetitive but I can't get answers from doctors and it's going to be months before I can get third or fourth opinion from other doctors.
Has anyone heard of "holidays/breaks" from Lupron/zytiga/prednisone combination treatment??? My doctor is suggestion this as a possibility for me. My other doctor says that once I start the Lupron/zytiga/prednisone combination, I have to stay on it permanently. Thus, It's a big decision - 1) either Lupron with intermittent "holidays/ breaks" OR 2) the Lupron/zytiga/prednisone combination with no breaks OR 3) the Lupron/zytiga/prednisone combination with breaks. Just trying to get thoughts or others with experience on these options.
Should I wait for Lupron to fail before adding zytiga and prednisone OR add the Zytiga now, before the Lupron fails???? STAMPEDE would suggest I start Zytiga/pred now but Id have to fight with insurance because my cancer isn't visible on CT scans yet (just PSMA/PET scans). I'm concerned about the lower quality of life on Zytiga too, although some mentioned that it isn't much worse for them, or not worse at all.
thanks for any thoughts you have.