I really appreciate the kind advise you have all given butI now have a bigger problem which I attribute to the Xtandi and that is increasing memory loss and I am concerned that it will develop into full blown dimentia. Somewhere a while back , I thought I read something about the possibility of Xtandi and Lupron ( which I am also taking every 3 months) causing dimentia. I will have another PSA this week and see my ONC but as I have learned from all of you, it is ME that needs to decide if I should stay on the Xtandi and stay in the trial (which by the way is paid for by the study) or give it all up for another med. I have stage 4 PC with Mets to my bones. I originally had surgery about 15 years ago and radiation about a year later when my PSA started rising. It was stable till 2012 when I started intermittent Lupron and I was fine until this past April,2016 when the bone scan showed spread to my bones. I've had a great run and I am not ready to "cash it in " yet. But I don't want to end up with dimentia . Has anyone heard of Xtandi causing memory loss? I even called the manufacturer but they would not commit one way or another. How does one get answers and make an informed decision? I have been told that once I go off the trial I can't go back.
Any additional help will be greatly appreciated. I am depressed from the cancer and even more depressed and confused about what decision to make.