Hashimoto's ?

Hi everyone,

Just got back from the Nurse having had my 3rd blood test. Back Monday for results an prescription.

What I am asking is, will my Doctor now know whether I have Hashimotos by now?

They seem to want us kept in the dark!

I meant to ask last time I saw the Doctor but I forgot. So, this time I wrote a list of questions thinking the nurse might know. Can you believe it, I forgot my list!! I couldn't remember any of the questions.

It's driving me crazy. Headaches aren't laying off and having several very bad hot sweats a day, far worse than menopause sweats.

Ill post my resultson Monday.

Thank you all for your help.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Without answering your direct question as I do not feel qualified to. When I was first diagnosed Hashimoto`s was not known ,so, although I do have auto immune hypo never been needed to clarify it. However as far as I am concerned the important thing was/is to have my T4 and Free T3 treated. Make sure you have been tested for Free T3 as my endo and I find this is the most important test.As regards the sweats etc, it is possible that that is a red herring. gall bladder, pancreatits ( need not drink!) diabetes and in fact cancer ( unlikely) do need to be ruled out. I would start with a referral to a good endo but do your own research, not the GP`s recommendation With an endo`s speciality they need a very wide and detailed knowledge of the body and it`s working so usually a good starting point. if good they will do all the bloods and a thyroid scan if needed and then give you a tertiary referral if, they think you need it.It does normally take a long while for the thyroid to become stable.

Jackie

• Thank you Jackie.

I wanted to know exactly what I am dealing with as I am busy researching this crappy T.

bloods yesterday so I didn't take my morning Levo, meaning to take it when I got home.

I FORGOT IT.

I felt so poorly, I was soaking wet with sweat, the only word I can think of to describe me was gormless. I couldn't get up, I was on my own, couldn't even get to the phone.

I took my Levo (100) + a 25mg as I knew it was because I was desperate for them.

For 3 hours I couldn't move and eventually fell asleep,really thought I was going to die!

My husband woke me when he got home an I managed to get up, use the loo an get to bed.

My husband thought I had been in the shower with my PJs on!

Results Monday. I feel terrible.

X thank you

• Hi stormyone, sorry your not well! I'm in the same position as you the sweats are really bad but endo has no answer for me! he just put me back on HRT/not good.

So lets hope that you have better luck eh! I'm going to read with interest.

Good luck wakeham

• Hi, my levels are normal, my Dr said. So why do I feel so bad? I asked to see an Endo and he said it would take 10/12 weeks so I went private.

A few hours later I saw a Consultant. He listened, then examined me.

He told me I need Adrenal an Cortisol tests an also Ceoliac disease testing!

The latter my dr. can do. The first 2 I am having private so I can get to the bottom of this.

Apparently, an they don't know why, when post menopausal women go n Levothyroxine it can restart their menopause.

All I can say is 2nd time round is far worse than the 1st! ;)

Good day today.

Xx

You may also like...