Hi again everyone.
I updated my earlier thread yesterday – essentially with this post, but I’m conscious new posts don’t seem to boost the whole thread up the reading lists. I’m posting this again, in the hope it might just help someone, somehow.
I eventually wrote to my doctor on Tuesday, in order to give her some thinking time prior to seeing her. I quite often do this, so that I can gather my thoughts, and ensure I make all my points, in a structured way, rather than end up rambling or ranting.
In the end I decided to keep my approach ultra, ultra simple to cut directly to the chase. I expressed, as was pointed out here, that the current approach wasn't keeping up with my apparent thyroid failure rate. I also stated my last TSH was exactly the same as 2 years ago, even though I have been taking 75mcgr Levothyroxine, and I wasn't feeling credibly much better in that 2years either.
I reiterated that I am content with paying for tests or treatments myself, however I feel that should be for a finessing exercise and we are far from finessing at the moment.
The upshot is she telephoned me yesterday evening to discuss my letter and propose a way forward.
Having received my letter yesterday morning, she called the Endo I saw privately and shared my case with him again, and asked his view and advice.
The upshot is I have been titrated immediately by 25mcgr (Hurrah!), to 100mcgr per day and that will continue until my TSH is under 1. She was at great pains to explain the symptoms and risks of overmedication. I stared at 25mcgr in March, but all titrations have been painfully slow at 12.mcgr, so the full 25mcgr seems like a breakthrough in itself!
The only downside is the Endo declares if my TSH goes sub-1, and I still have symptoms, then they are not caused by my thyroid. I'll cross that bridge, if I need to. At that point, I’d be happy to get my hand into my pocket.
At long, long last, I have a proper titration and a bit of a more reasonable basic plan. Fingers crossed for a bit more comfort some time soon.