I know this sounds absurd, How do I know when my body started producing thyroid antibodies?
I know that Summer 2015 was stressful and traumatic, someone emotionally hurt me, that was the worst betrayal in my life because I felt I was being used and taken as stupid. Anyway, you don't want to read my horrible story.
- Also that nasty summer I had TMJ because of the stress,
- I had the flu shot. I know vaccines can cause immunity issues.
Then the roller-coaster of all started:
- Suddenly no period despite all hormones were good including thyroid hormones ( I got my period later by medications by my gynaecologist).
- Also I got sick and was on a strong antibiotic,
- I was -foolishly- using hydroquinone and steriod creams for 2 months to get rid of blemishes on my back (blemishes out, hashimoto in!),
- I was also exposed to chlorine in the swimming pool.
- I was eating crap because I was still under the trauma and I did not talk to anyone, I acted as if nothing happened.
What else? Yes, then I developed rash that turned to become Dermatographim (AKA dermatographic Urticaria) after 6 months of the trauma.
It took me almost a year after the discovery of dermatographism to discover that Hashimoto was behind the dermatographism.
The question is, could that trauma and the stresses that came along with it caused hashimoto?
Or did I have if before, and it just help to aggravate it to a point when I could see symptoms?
Sorry for blabbing, but I learnt -to my cost- that it is good to talk about what happens.