Forgot wether I took my Levo

Oh me never missed a dose for 5 years since they took my thyroid out ,now I'm a bit concerned ,I don't know wether I've took them or not I have a daily box but I think I might have, dropped them half asleep this morning so I never took them just in case I doubled on them , does anyone know wether it's better to take double or miss it completely untill next day and what will I feel like because knowing my anxiety I will think my self into feeling ill x susan

Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by thyroid conditions by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Try not to worry. I'm sure many have missed an occasional dose. Take levo tomorrow you will be fine.

• Honestly don't worry about it just take your normal dose tomorrow.

• Susan... I can't say with certainty whether doing without for a day or doubling up for a day is better or worse. I can say with certainty that, over the years, I have often skipped doses, sometimes for a few days in a row and haven't suffered any ill-effects. Saying that tho, we are all different and some of us are more sensitive than others to our meds. I have no way of knowing when I have skipped a dose except when I pick up my little daily pill container, open it up and there are yesterday's pills looking back at me...lol.

If you are doing well on your thyroid meds, I honestly don't think that you will be doing any harm by skipping a dose (if that is even the case). If you have taken your meds (and are uncertain), I would rather live with the effects of under-dosing than with the effects of over-dosing (heart palps etc). It is very easy for me to say 'don't worry about it' but honestly... I think you will do just fine skipping today's dose.

• Thank you you have me a lot xxx

• Thank you so much I'd got myself all worked up so kind of you feel much better now xxx

• I take mine a little while before I get up with a mug full of water..so if that's nearly full I know definitely I have not taken it... it's so easy not to be sure when you just wake up. and this reassures me as I only take Levo with a lot water, never just a sip... hope that may help 😊

• If you have enough tablets for this to be feasible:

Take half a tablet.

Then you will either have taken 50% of your dose (if you did forget), or 150% (if you didn't). So, whilst it guarantees that the dose will be wrong :-( , it reduces the difference between what you usually take and today to be just 50% :-) - whether that is 50% more, or 50% less.

(Otherwise you could be taking 0% or 200% of your usual dose. Or, if you are lucky, 100%)

Of course, it is far too late now...

You may also like...