How to take T3

Hi. I've been in Levo for 12 years. My current dose is 100/125mcg alternate days. After complaining I'm still tired all the time etc I have finally been prescribed T3. I have been told to drop my Levo down to 50mcg and take 5mcg of T3 twice daily. Does this dosage sound correct as I got the impression the doctor was just guessing? Also at what times should I take the Liothyroninr as I've heard it can stop you from sleeping if taken too late? The script just says afternoon. Thank you

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Lisavc,

10mcg T3 is equivalent to 30mcg Levothyroxine. I think it would have been sufficient to reduce your Levothyroxine to 75/100mcg unless you are currently over medicated.

You can take the first T3 dose with Levothyroxine and the second 8-16 hours later. T3 at bedtime didn't disturb my sleep. Some people find it improves sleep.

• Thank you so much for your reply.

Would you know if T3 has to be taken a certain time apart from vitamins and iron please? I'm aware that Levo has to

• Lisavc,

Yes, treat T3 the same as Levothyroxine with respect to eating, drinking and taking medication and supplements.

You may also like...