Hi, I wonder if anyone can advise what causes swollen joints (this time it is my knuckle). Each time this happens, it is really sudden and painful and probably last around 4 - 7 days and then disappears. Normally in my finger joints or elbow.
I just wanted to know whether this could be any of the following?
1) Flare up and if so, is there anything I can do to stop it happening?
2) Under medicated on Levothryoxine - I was increased to 75mcg last June and have felt so much better since then and havent had swollen joints since last year.
3) I did a Zip wire experience yesterday (largest Zip wire in Europe no less)!! and I wondered whether something like this could cause it form being anxious?
4) I wonder whether if I have eaten Gluten by mistake (100% gluten free for over a year) could cause this?? I have been out several times and ordered gluten free but wonder whether it may have contained some gluten.
5) could it just be plain and simple arthritis - but it seems strange that it happens so intermittently.
Any advise would be gratefully received