To be or not to be that is my question :-)

Hi everyone , hope you are all well as can be , if like me it's graves skies , at the moment got another water infection on antibiotics ! Do these interfere with Carbi I wonder , had awful week dizzy , not sleeping , nervous, ears popping ringing Been to gp, cos getting funny stomach issues , just waiting for a ultra scan , now got water infection again since being on Carbi !! I feel my immune system has gone AWOL , been discharged ! Cos in normal range. What's normal about all symptoms , had shaking , fast heart rate , insomnia,ended up on Carbi with , digestive issues , stomach , constipation , water infection , muscle pain aches all over , worse insomnia ever , dry mouth , my normal range obviously not endos , they won't do anymore bloods til sept now ! I just pray Iv stabilised enough poss to go on a lower dose oh on 5mg at the mo but def having an effect on my immune system., gonna have to start supplementing just for done vitamin b complex , oh & go gave me some zoperole to help sleep , I dont want to be on tablets. Not know which way to turn anymore , I'm begging for a Re Ferral to my endo.

3 Replies

• If you are suffering infections the very least they should do is check your white blood cells - since carbi is known to reduce them in some people. I never got on with it, had to have propylthiouracil instead, because my white cells went right down and I kept getting infections.

Keep askin - point out that your infections are bad.

• Sorry you are feeling so awful. You might be in the GP's normal range but sounds like you're definitely not at 'your' normal range.

Could you maybe just by-pass your GP and call your endo's secretary, and get an appointment with your endo.

Also if you are taking antibiotics it might be worth taking a probiotic to give your body's good bacteria a boost. There are different types but I like the live ones - that are kept in a fridge in the health food shop, they also tend to cost more but that might help your digestive issues.

Sleep is difficult, I have to keep all the windows closed (noise!) I've bought blackout curtains (light!) and provided I don't get too cold or worse, too hot (in this weather!) and have eaten enough so that I am neither too full or hungry I can usually get a decent night's sleep. I've also done the soothing lavender baths before bed, not doing anything too stimulating etc. Lack of sleep is a dreadful problem. Yes, and marram's suggestion of a WBC is a good one considering the warnings you get when you get your carb.

• Hi I had all the above and now in remission so I realise it was the Graves not the carbi. The carbi will help but it takes time. How long have you been o it?

You may also like...