Hi I'm after some advice diagnosis etc

Hi lady's and gents,

Wondering if you could help me! I'm 21 and about to go to the doctors and suggest I think my thyroid isn't working properly. A year ago I went to the doctors while working abroad about an ongoing chest infection.. He wasn't interested in this but He was in the lump at the bottom of my neck.. He did blood tests due to the language I wasn't sure which one and never got a printout i just knew he said the result was 12 and said not good not bad he wanted me to go for an ultrasound but I moved shortly after.

I'm feeling very low again all I ever want to do is sleep, I'm cold, my neck is swollen achey and pains etc

When I go to the doctors what tests do I ask for? It's just I am awear from my research GPs don't seem to understand it and also may only test for one thing but there's more than one thing that needs to be tested! I would like to go in prepared!

Hope you can help! Thanks :)

Last edited by

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Ask for Free T4, Free T3, TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) and TPo (Thyroid Peroxidase antibodies) and ultra sound scan of your swollen neck.

If GP simply requests TFT (Thyroid Function Test) its possible the lab will only return TSH unless the...

• Just say that as it has been pointed out to you in the past about the swelling on your neck and you now feel unwell, can you please have a full thyroid gland blood test. Hopefully, he will request the lot but sometimes Labs, if the TSH is 'normal...

• Thanks for the replies made me feel like I knew what I was talking about.... I was reading through a few posts before I went to see her and was thinking my gosh doctors don't seem to understand it ... AND IT'S TRUE ... I left feeling like a fool...

You may also like...