Amitriptyline withdrawal

Hi guys. So I've spoken to my doctor and agreed to come off of amitriptyline. I've tapered off and have now been off the mess for about 5 days. I'm currently feeling pretty rough, nauseous and lethargic. Has anyone here tried to come off amitryptiline? If so how was it? How long did it take for the withdrawal symptoms to leave? Thanks in advance.

4 Replies

• I was taken off amitriptyline and switched straight to Topiramate without any problem.

When i stopped topiramate i slept for a week, but had other script changes too.

Hang in there.

• Hi Ivesy , I was on amitriptyline for 6 months .. when I came off it I had the shakes for about 6 days and couldn't sleep it was horrible but if you stick with it and persevere you will get there. The first week is the worst xxx

• Thanks heather. Noticed you have 1988 in your name. Same birth year as me! Really hope it starts to wear off soon. Seems to be affecting my stomach the most. Just won't settle down.

• may depend on dose of it. I was on a very low does , when I came off of it I felt like I had the flu for about a week or two. good luck to you!

You may also like...