Treatment support app

Treatment support app

If you are on treatment for TB, remember that your TB Nurse is there to support you every step of the way. If you have trouble with side effects, remembering to take your tablets or the emotional aspects of TB please let your TB Nurse know. If you would like additional support, you may also like to download the useful MyTherapy app (free for Android and iOS). The award-winning app sends daily reminders for medicines and appointments; includes a diary function to monitor your symptoms and side effects, helping you report back to your TB nurse; and includes a team function to allow family and friends to remind you to take your medicine. mytherapyapp.com

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Helen who can answer any questions I have on possible TB in UK I had interning gama test 4 years ago Wich was positive the infection whent on its own now everything has come back stronger and started in my ankle then spread to knee then hand and throat I have no chest problems but I can't seem to get tested again

• Hi Minka,

I can provide general advice and support about TB, though I am not a qualified doctor so I cannot give specific medical advice. Even if I were a doctor, it is difficult to give advice without having a full medical history. You should speak to your GP or seek a second opinion if you do not feel you are getting the support you need.

That said, I will try and help a little. What are your current symptoms and why can't you get a test?

Best wishes,

Helen

• well helen i have had this thing for 4 times now wher i cant walk cos knees swell up and ankle hurts and little nodules appear on my hands on the dips and pips dont hurt but can get inflamed.

this all started back in april when i got ankle pain then it spred to my knee with hot and cold feet and swetting in bed waking me up wet through with swet bed all wet with it Then the feet started to get hot red hot on both feet if i tried to walk like somthing was inside my feet with tingling sensations.

kept feeling cold through the day like my thermostat had gone wrong in my body

Then my gums started to receed in my mouth needed to have 2 teeth out whent bad and i had had before this started teeth splitting.

Some time ago 4 years to be precise i had this but not as bad and i cleared off completly I had no chest infection but they did a gama infernon test on me and it showed possitive But as i was starting to get much better they said they would leave it alone as the pills had big side effects but this is not the sort of trait that tb does but it could be that i was infected with latent tb

AT THE MOMENT I HAVE A BIG TOE THAT IS ALL INFLAMED AT THE END PICTURE ATTACHED ON HERE IF YOU LOOK FOR ME

The doctor dosnt want to give me the test i dont know why but this thing feels like it is eating away at the bone off me The more i try to push the more i have problems my walking distance has gone right down since april. And i have shown them the letter if i was on immune suppresents like predisone and this poped up again i would need a further test because it could have come back on again My bloods have had the normal screening but they say nothing showing inflamatory markes calcium etc. just like last time

many thanks for the help but what i thought wa just an inside ankle sprain has moved on and i knew it as soon as i saw the fingers dips and pips markers.

• Hi Minka,

As I say, I can't provide medical advice as I am not a doctor. It does sound like you have a complex set of symptoms that do require medical insight - though they may or may not relate to TB.

It is always worth seeking a second opinion if you are unhappy with a doctor's decision or simply need further explanation or reassurance that their advice is correct. You are welcome to approach another GP in your own surgery or a different practice.

I'm sorry I cannot offer specific advice but I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Helen

• Thanks Helen if I new a place near to Warrington I would go and pay for the test myself if you know of anyone let me know thanks.

• I wouldn't recommend seeking out a test without a doctor's referral. As I say, your symptoms do sound complex and distressing - but they may not be connected to TB or even to each other, only a doctor can tell you that. Please persevere with your GP and seek a second opinion if you are unsure or are not getting the support you feel you need.

Best wishes,

Helen

• healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

link to toes problem

You may also like...