Start Moving: Knee Pain Support
1,053 members227 posts

No insurance!! Need help!!

Hi my name is Vanessa

I was told that I have arthritis in my knee. I have bee ln dealing witg the pain for years and now its so bad that I can no longet cross my legs or walk long distances without limping. Ibupropen doesn't work and going up stairs is becoming painful. Standing for short or long times is also painful. I no longer have health insurance and would like to know if anyone knows if there is help I can get ib contact with in my community. Thank you!! for listening.

2 Replies


I'm sorry to hear about the pain you are experiencing and your lack of health insurance.

There are thousands of clinics, called Federally Qualified Health Centers (also known as Community Health Centers), located throughout the United States that are required, by law, to see all patients regardless of their ability to pay. These clinics receive money from the federal government to provide free or low-cost care to individuals. Patient payments are based upon the individual's ability to pay. These clinics should be able to do an initial diagnosis and treatment of your problem and they often have arrangements with local specialists who will also see patients for free or at reduced cost. To see if there is a clinic near you, go to the website of the federal Health Resources and Services Administration's "Find a Center" page:

You can enter your zip code and it will give you information on Centers located near you, including the name of the Center, their address and phone number to schedule an appointment. In addition, these clinics will often provide transportation to the clinic for patient's who may have mobility problems and cannot get to the clinic without assistance.

Hope this helps and best of luck!


Great information!

1 like

You may also like...