Pain in both knees affecting quality of life - Stand Up 2 OA

Stand Up 2 OA
1,262 members β€’ 281 posts

Pain in both knees affecting quality of life

RED1224
RED1224
β€’6 Replies

As a result of surgery, arthritis and weight gain the issues regarding mobility and activity have got worse. I want to break the cycle and slowly increased activity as well as exercise e.g. walking.

Is there anything I can do or get family to support me with?

6 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
Hidden
Hidden

Well although I don't have these problems I am here to see if I can help you out if I can. 😊 Have you seen a Physio and/or Occupational Therapist? Is it ok for me to ask what you can and can't do mobility-wise to give me a better picture so I can help you? I hope you don't mind.

RED1224
RED1224
in reply to Hidden

I am asking for my mother in law she is really struggling with mobility. As a result she has put on weight so it is a vicious cycle. Without sorting out the knee pain I fear she will not improve

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to RED1224

So sorry to hear about your poor mother-in-law. Has she seen the doctor and/or does she see a physiotherapist? Also via Social Services, Medicare provide all disabilty aids and adaptations for free. But first she would need a care needs assessment, then will require a Social Worker, and Occupational Therapist. I hope this helps you.

RED1224
RED1224
in reply to Hidden

Thank you I think as a family we have been down this route and have exhausted all avenues. But she is making some progress this year so 🀞.

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to RED1224

You are welcome anytime and can ask me anything. 😁 Glad to hesr that she is making progress.!

Get up and move as much as you can everyday!! Gentle yoga

You may also like...