Log in
Scleroderma & Raynaud's UK (SRUK)
7,374 members3,474 posts

Morton nerona

Hi, I have really bad raynauds in my toes and now also a very painful Morton nerona the colder my feet the worse the pain I don't have many good days with my feet. The lady I saw said she would be concerned about me having injections or the operation,to be fair were not sure if there is something else going on with my feet as lots of different symptoms just my luck. She said she could send me somewhere else and they would happily just give me the injections. They surely can't just do nothing for me can they. I've not been able to work for the last 2 months I'm just thinking of going back to work again and hoping I can last my hours. Just don't know what to think or to do. Any advice I will be appreciated thanks x

4 Replies

I have and still have Morton neuronas the injections are intensely painful. After the injections the pain lasts for weeks then goes for a few months. They grow back so I am not sure it is worth it. What are you taking for your Raynauds? I found that coracten and other related drugs were what was causing the pain in my feet and the swollen ankles and general difficulty in walking. I stopped taking the drugs and took sildanafil instead. It does not work as well for Raynauds but the pain is much much less and I can walk comfortably again.


Hello there, I am not going to comment on your neuromas as I have no real experience and the other ladies comments are really valuable, but I wanted to comment on the work situation. I just wanted to highlight that Scleroderma is covered under the Equality Act 2010 and employers have a duty to make reasonable adjustments. You also come under the government schemes such as Access to Work where you can have support in the form of equipment that might help you do your everyday work, transport if getting to and from work is difficult or impacts on your ability to do your job and support workers to do aspects of your job that might be difficult. You can refer yourself and speak to someone for free. I would also speak to the Disability Employment Advisors who are based in the job centres if you do not have good support from an Occupational Health Service. Further information is available on the Government website gov.uk or on the SRUK site.

Hope that is helpful and relevant to your needs.

Lucy xx


Very useful advice Lucy -- I wish I'd looked into it ore thoroughly before I felt forced to quit work!


If you are wanting to go back into work I would talk to one of the Disability Employment Advisors as there are a variety of schemes to allow people to get back to work. They vary across the country with some areas having very comprehensive support and advice. You are allowed to work 16hours and still claim benefits, and with the roll out of Universal Credit this limit will be removed and there will just be a financial ceiling of the amount you can still earn. The whole benefits system is a bit of a minefield so best to talk to someone in the job centre who understands it.

Occupational therapists are also there to help to enable you to do the everyday activities you need and want to do. Everything from getting wasjed and dressed to participating in leisure activities, they will also address return to work. They are usually based within the Rheumatology teams or working in the community.

All my best

Lucy x


You may also like...