Eosinophilic fasciitis

I was told almost 4 years ago that I had Diffuse Systemic Cutaneous Sclerosis and that I was at the 'severe' end of the scale. Now there's a new theory that I may have Eosinophilic Fasciitis and that it may well be an overlapping of the two. I will see the rheumatologist in a couple of weeks time when she will have test results that might make things clearer. I'm interested to hear from anyone who might have had this kind of unclear diagnosis.

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Hi Maggie.

Yes, I was in a similar situation a couple of years ago. My rheumatologist was very honest and said she didn't know which of the 2 conditions it was. However, she did refer me on to a dermatologist and after a consultation and skin biopsy, he confirmed it was Scleroderma. Treatment was with a high initial dose of steroids (Prednisolone) tailing off slowly over a 4 month period and application of a steroid gel to the affected areas. The symptoms have now almost disappeared and I've been discharged from hospital care. All I do now is moisturise the stiffened areas twice daily, take high strength cod liver oil +vitamin D capsules and have 2 raw vegetable/fruit smoothies daily.

Hope that helps

KInd regards

You may also like...