I just learned this week that some hospitals are refusing to give patients diapers/nappies while in the hospital, even when the person is completely incontinent - and even with dual incontinence (both bladder and bowel)!!
I am wondering if anyone here has:
1. Experienced this first-hand
2. Did you try and get the hospital to supply diapers, and did you get them or did they continue to refuse to supply them?
3. Did you or your family contact a patient advocate or the head of the hospital about this?
4. What did the staff do when there was leakage on the floor - an exam table - on a gurney, etc.?
5. Anything else you'd like to share about the experience.
I am trying to figure out how widespread this is, and if anyone has been able to successfully argue with the policy and get needed products while hospitalized. This seems so dehumanizing, and I cannot imagine the hospital infection control issues with this.
Thank you! You can chat privately with me if you prefer to not reply directly to the post.