SHARE Metastatic Breast Cancer

Are any of you taking Ibrance and Letrozole having Feet and calf pain?

I’ve been on these drugs 17 months now and for the past two months I am getting tingling and the feeling of walking on a rocky beach In my feet and my calves hurt? This sensation goes away fairly quickly after walking for a minute and only happens after sitting or lying down for a period of time. Onc doesn’t think this is a side effect of drugs and wants to do an EMG. Anyone else dealt with this one

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Yes I have this happen to me too. I can be sitting on a recliner with my legs lifted and suddenly my calf locks and I feel paralyzed. It can also happen while I am lying down. Try drinking more water and I was told by my internist to drink quinine water.

2 likes

Thanks! I think tonic water has quinine right?

1 like

Yes it does, let's try it! Good luck!

1 like

We did not have Ibrance available in South Africa when I was on Letrozole but after 6 months on Letrozole I also had very sore feet and ankles and a sort of cramp in calves and feet. Oncologist suggested lots of water, and maybe increase salt on hot days - the drug also caused me to perspire very heavily! Hope you come right.

2 likes

Thank you for that info. That explained the ridiculous perspiration that only affects my head lol. My head starts sweating for no good reason. Can be embarrassing at times. I used a heating pad on my entire left leg last night and it seems to have helped the cramping 👍

Have a great day 💖

yeah that is me too - mowing the lawn is like trying to work underwater in a pool!

Lol 🤣🤣🤣. I feel that!! Laughing with you Friend 💕. What else can we do right?? If I remember, I’ll tie a cold wet towel around my neck before heading out to the yard and that does actually help

1 like

I was using cannibis gummies to aid in sleep. After a month I noticed that morning stiffness in my legal ankles and feet was gone.

1 like

Becky

Yes, I experience foot pain, burning sensation

first on top and on the sides of one foot, then, after a few days, the other. It can keep me up at night until I rub cream on the feet and take Oxycodone for the pain.

With my calf, I’ve gotten intense, sharp pain right in the middle of the calf which literally stops me in my tracks when I walk from a sitting position,. It had been so bad that I had an ultrasound done on this area. It came out fine.

Now I’m suffering from pain in the muscle area near my collar bone. I put a Lidocaine patch on this area every 12 hours. It’s helped.

When I see my Oncologist in 2 weeks we’ll talk about all of these aches and pains.

But these pains are REAL. Tell your Onc that.

I got the aches and pains after my 3rd cycle of Ibrance with Letrozole. The Ibrance has lowered my tumor markers, but I sufferthe side effects.

Hang in there Becky. Take your pain killers, etc. Xeloda was good for me, but now I’m dealing with Ibrance. I’ll see what it does for me,

Good luck with your trearments. Kats2

You may also like...