Dry / Sore skin while taking Gabapentin

Hi Guys / Gals

Ive been on Gabapentin for 2 weeks now for RLS and noticed red blotches / lumps ( not zits ) appearing on my face, Also the rest of the skin on my face has become very sore, very dry and is even flaking away in some areas of my face ( around my eyes especially )

Is this normal for Gabapentin ? Should i consider stopping it ?

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yes I have same problem

My feet are peeling now

I didn't realize it was the Ganapentin!

• Hi there. I took Gabapentin but it didn't eork but didn't cause dry skin. Have a look on the patient information leaflet. I don't think it's there.

• Neurontin (gabapentin)

netdoctor.co.uk › ... › Treatments for...ShareSep 6, 2012 – As gabapentin reduces the release of this neurotransmitter it can also be used to treat nerve pain occuring as a result of damage to or a disturbance in the function ... This medicine may sometimes cause severe skin reactions

• E-bunny look on this link, check if its anything like you skin problem

• arrrrr........... that got me wondering....now..... i had dry patches on my face then it went .... now thinking about it , it was about the time i was on Gabapentin can't be 100% for sure just seems about the same time that was a couple months ago the dry blotches have gone now hmm... thanks for bringing that to my attention something to look out for in future :)

everyone react differently to meds as we all know ....

• CALL your doctor when you start any new med and someting like that happens.

• Hi ive been trying too call my gp/practice nurse for 2 days.. i have even left messages with my epilepsy nurse ( as it is classed as an anticonvulsant ) but no one is available o.O

• well ring again, and insist that you need to see someone, or go to the practice yourself

You may also like...