Hello, my fellow sufferers.
Well, I've taken the plunge. Last night I reduced the 1.5mg of Ropinirole I've been taking for three months back to the 1.25mg I was having three months ago. My GP has been very sympathetic, admitted that I know more about it than I do, and has given me codeine for the past couple of weeks to help me through the latest stage of augmentation, and Tramadol to have on standby for if/when I need it. Indeed, when I saw him last night (flue jab) he showing me a paper on augmentation he has been reading up but told me he hides it under a pile of other papers so the nurses don;t think he's looking up breast augmentation!!! What a joy to have such a great GP.
Last night I slept until about 5.30am when the RLS woke me and prevented any further sleep. I am taking 30mg of codeine at the moment and can increase it to 60mg if/when I need to before starting on Tramadol. But also I want to increase those as slowly as possible simply to counteract what I expect will be worsening symptoms.
Neurology have had my referral for six weeks and, when I rang last week, was told I should get an appointment in early December. I decided I couldn't wait that long for their advice, hence my first step last night. Ropinirole is not right for me even though it works brilliantly - until I augment. I can't face the thought of increasing the dose any more as the withdrawal from a greater dose would be even worse.
My thanks to many people's posts which have encouraged me to take this decision. With your support I'm determined to get through it!