Hopeless but must start somewhere

I read a few of the posts about the 100 push -ups and tried week one - couldn't even do 2 proper ones - scary. So I thought even if it's just a starting point I'd try and get a bit better - started doing week 1 on my knees not toes - now up to week 3 session 2 - once I finish week 3 I will start again on my toes this time and see what happens. Not that I'll ever get near 100 but 20 or 30 would be nice...

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi  beverleyg, I can relate. I can't do even one proper push up. YET! I know I will never get there if I don't try. Remember failing only happenes when we don't try. Any effort is a success. 

• It's like anything else, you have to practice.   You can do them on your knees and work your way up to the full thing

I am terrible at them as my arms seem too weak. I keep trying though. Never say never

• I woukd love to hear about your progress, i just discovered out i cant do one push up, which left me wondering if this is the right challenge to begin with!

• Hi Msnew,

I completed the first three weeks doing the push ups on my knees, definitely making what felt like quite good progress, then I went on holiday for 2 weeks and didn't do much of anything....

Now I am going back to the start to try the same programme with proper push ups - I will let you know how it goes!

You may also like...