Provided below are some highlights from July 2017 from the Brain Support Network blog.
If you'd like to receive individual items in your inbox as they are posted to the blog, you can join our disorder-specific email list(s) and caregiver email lists --
Or you can check out the Brain Support Network blog here --
Some items recently posted to the blog that may be of interest to those on this online support group include:
* Save the Date! Saturday, October 28, PSP/CBD Research Update and Family Conference, Crowne Plaza Foster City (San Francisco Bay Area)
* PSP and CBS excerpts from curriculum on dementia for healthcare professionals
* Inheritability of PSP
* "Square patches of light remember you" - reflections on grandmother with PSP
* Drawing and using a care map
* 13 ways to practice self-care as a caregiver
* Apathy - description and treatment
* "How to improve resilience in midlife" (NYT)
* "Recording a legacy: How to create a life journal"
* "11 signs it may be time for assisted living"
* "What happens to a marriage after Parkinson's"
* "Avoiding caregiver isolation" - notes from a talk
* "The pain of caregiving"
* "Five ponderable thoughts" about grabbing "a second chance to live life"
* "How to choose a dementia care facility. Avoid my mistakes."