Since my first post I have been following all recent posts with interest and would be grateful for further advice. After initial dose of Pred, 20 mgs daily for 2 weeks, then 15 mgs daily for 2 weeks, my GP advised me to reduce to 14 mg daily for the 5th week, then 13 mg daily for a week and so on, reducing 1 mg daily on a weekly basis. This week I have been taking 10 mg daily and this is therefore due to reduce to 9 mg daily on Monday 12 Aug. However, as this week has progressed I have been feeling progressively more tired, still no pain in shoulders or hips etc. but feeling increasingly woozy in my head, and my eyes feel very dry and irritable, in spite of using hyper mellose drops, which were recommended a few years ago by optician as I have cataract (not yet deemed ready for removal) and dry eyes.
I feel reluctant, in light of all advice I have read on this site, to actually reduce to 9 mg on Monday but feel inclined to remain on 10 mg and see how this next week goes. I am not due to see my GP again until 2nd Sept and it will be impossible to contact her before then as she freely admits there is at least a 3-week waiting time to see her. The only advice she gave me was that "if I feel the pain returning I should increase the dosage", but no idea by how much I should increase.
At my last visit to her I felt so well, and understood so little about this illness, I honestly thought I would simply reduce to zero and that would be that! I no longer feel that way and am very unsure what I should do on Monday. Any advice or suggestions would be welcome. I may be panicking over nothing but would prefer to prevent a flare rather than try to deal with one. Many thanks - I feel so lucky to have found this site.