PMRGCAuk
8,495 members14,535 posts

This skin

I came off pred beginning of April after 2 years. So far so good but my skin is like tissue paper. Any good creams, pills or advice anyone can give me please?

16 Replies
oldestnewest

Double base Gel I find the best

2 likes

I use Vitamin K cream and arnica for red bruising and all over arms and legs for papery skin. Then, perfume-free dry skin cream. Not perfect but it helps.

1 like

Everything I use on my skin has moisturising properties, there are so many on the market. A sun block even on a cloudy day is a good idea too.

I bet there are supplements too, not sure which but probably the vit D and Calcium we already take.

1 like

I expect Vitamin C is important for skin health. read an article the other day which said that an orange a day keeps the doctor away!

1 like

We always said apples. It didn’t work.

4 likes

The study examined several different fruits and maybe vegetables, wish I'd paid more attention. The only one which "worked" was oranges.

1 like

Ah, it was the EYE doctor. It helps prevent macular degeneration.

thechronicleherald.ca/south...

but ohhhh apples are so yummy!

And doctors can be so crummy. 😉

2 likes

My skin’s like that too. But the bruising has been so improved (even on Pred) since I gave up all anti inflammatory meds (like X strength bufferin). I use eucerin (daily something) and have had no big problems. In my case, I lost a lot of weight and am a member of the “3/4 Club” so it comes with the territory.

What's the 3/4 club?

LOL :) 75. I was so excited to join I celebrated in NYC! Was wonderful!

3 likes

Congratulations!

1 like

:) I usually work all day, stop for a drink alone- go home. Loved every minute.

1 like

Many thanks - I will try what you advise

My gp prescribed a cream called Zeroveen. Its been fantastic on my skin where nothing else had worked.

You may also like...