predisone gastritis

I have been getting very painful reaction from my prednisone. I am looking for the coated tablets and they do not sell them in the US or Canada. Does anyone know how I can obtain the coated tablets. I am still on 20 mg and will be taking this medicine for at least another 2 years for GCA and perhaps longer. I do take a PPI and a meal prior to taking the pred. Can't do too much more than that to coat my stomach. Thank you.

7 Replies

• You can get Rayos (called Lodotra in Europe) in the US. It is prednisone with a special modern coating!! They are in 1mg, 2mg and 5mg tablets. They will be more expensive than the uncoated variety so I am not sure if that will be a problem. I hope this helps.

• They do not sell coated prednisone in the US or Canada. I can only buy it in England or Spain as far as I know.

• Did you look up Rayos?

• It is also possible to manage GCA with intramuscular steroid injections if you have severe gastro problems.

• Pro can you expound on this a little. I'm not sure my Rheumatologist would know how often or how much. I have been kind of guiding my own reduction And diabetes treatment as well as all the other side effects with the help of this forum. Thank you.

• My doctor refused to prescribe the coated tablets for me in UK despite stomach issues! i now buy empty enteric coated capsules on line in which I place each dose, whatever it is. I don't know if they would be available where you are though. Good luck.

• Not really as I don't have that info available to me here - I'm at a conference!

But any doctor should be able to access that sort of info - just be firm about needing a sensible response. The injections release slowly - it's fairly basic pharmaceutical facts.

You may also like...